Together with the joy of the appearance of a little four-legged friend in the house, chagrin and irritation quickly comes from the fact that puddles appear on expensive carpets. Therefore, in this article we will show you how to organize a toilet and how to teach a dog to walk on a diaper in particular.
7 easy steps
This process is quite simple, but it will still require patience and attention from you. Especially at first, as puppies often forget about their toilet.
For convenience, let's look at the process step by step:
- Choose a location for the toilet. It is advisable to immediately choose where the dog will go all his life. It is most convenient to place the toilet in the hallway or bathroom, but in the second case you will have to keep the door ajar so that the dog can go inside himself even during your absence. For the first time, it is better to remove all the rugs so that the prepared diaper remains the only convenient place.
- First, you will have to pay close attention to the toilet. Here you should be aware that dogs usually feel the need immediately after sleeping or eating, so at these moments it is highly advisable to bring the pet to a diaper and wait until he does his business.
- The second option is to monitor the behavior: if he begins to whine, fidget or sniff, immediately carry him on the diaper. There, of course, he can pretend that he doesn't want to go to the toilet at all, but just plays, but after a minute or two he will give up.
- To make it easier to understand, you can put a rag on the diaper, with which you have already managed to remove several puddles. The smell will make it clear to the dog that it has already used this place as a toilet.
- In the future, in case of "misconduct", the puddles should be wiped off with a diaper, and the floor should be thoroughly washed. It is better to use specialized cleaning products for cleaning.
- Keep the diaper clean. It is not necessary to clean it up after the first use, but if it gets too dirty, even a trained dog will stop walking on it.
Finally, it is worth noting that in order to consolidate the result, the dog must be praised and encouraged in case of correct actions. Even if you yourself tracked down the prankster, brought him in your arms on a diaper, waited until he could no longer endure and still go to the toilet. The main thing is that this will be done in a designated place. After such success, the dog should be stroked or even treated with a treat.
With love to your dogs!