- making their own cardboard cars with detachable trays for their concession food
- a fully functioning concession stand (with prices for each item)
- concession items were purchased with tickets (Mom gave the kids 18 tickets and I added tickets throughout the week for working hard during school hours)
- everyone was given their own flashlight to use while walking from the cars to the concession stand (she kept the lights in the house off to add to the effect)
My mom's philosophy with the kids is "keep'em busy". So, when they weren't watching a movie the following activities happened over the course of the weekend.
- played in the blow up kiddie pools (which looked very tiny now that the kids are so big) :)
- craziness ensued with a large shaving cream slip and slide
- glow-in-the-dark drinks
- homemade cocktails (mocktails) with a rating system, umbrellas, and tiny swords with cherries
- DIY suncatchers with ponybeads
- 200 water balloons (Balloon Bonanza - you fill up 25 balloons in one shot)
- homemade ice cream made by shaking the ingredients in a bag
- trip to McDonald's to actually eat INSIDE and play (this is a big deal) :)
- DIY picnic tablecloth with rock weights to give as a gift to Mommy and Daddy :)
Like I said, she keeps'em busy! :) When we pick them up on Sunday I confiscate here camera and memory card so I can get all the crazy pictures. :) Take a look.
Working on their cars weeks before the big event
Headed out with concession stand tickets in hand
Concession stand, popcorn was placed in the clear bowl and it was the only free item. All other items cost tickets. :)
Lined up in the bedroom ready to watch "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"
Notice all the details on the cars - eeeee!!!
This is a great view of the compartments for food and a favorite stuffed animal. :)
They will forever remember this.
Water balloons, kiddie pools, and slip-n-slide
Filling up the water balloons, these things are awesome!
Giant shaving cream slip-n-slide. I think she said it was ten cans of shaving cream!
I am not really sure what is happening here but it looks like fun!
DIY sun catchers made with pony beads
Homemade ice cream made in a bag
Judging by the look on my youngest son's face, I think he took another trip to the concession stand.
So you may be wondering, what did Charlie and I do since the kids were gone for the weekend?
We were totally bored, pathetically, ridiculously bored! My mom didn't plan activities for us so we had nothing to do! :) We both vowed to each other that next year we have to go out of town or at least something that is out of the house. :) Or maybe we could just tag along to the sleepover.
Then again... :)